2-alarm fire drives diners out of Chops Lobster Bar on Friday night – WSB-TV Channel 2

ATLANTA — A fire that broke out inside a range hood vent sent diners and restaurant staff into the cold Friday night during dinner service.

[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]

Atlanta Fire and Rescue investigators told Channel 2’s Michele Newell the fire started around 10 p.m. and caused enough damage to the interior of the popular restaurant that it was closed at least all day Saturday . Firefighters said the blaze was serious enough that they had to sound a second alarm to help put it out.

Everyone inside the restaurant was able to exit quickly and safely and no one was injured in the incident.

TRENDING STORIES:

Alina Stewart was inside the restaurant’s “Garden Room” when the smoke started coming in. She told Newell that it didn’t take long to realize something was wrong.

We started to leave and started to smell the smoke,” Stewart said. “We could see it at one point. That’s when we knew it was a problem. then the alarm started ringing.

[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]

Stewart had to wait two hours outside while firefighters did their job. She had parked her car along the street in front of the restaurant and she was stuck under a ladder. The car was undamaged and she eventually returned home.

Comments are closed.