2021 student loan program to provide interest-free student loans
The 2021 student loan program will provide interest free student loans for deserving students for their studies in Pakistan. The Apex Committee for the Student Loans Program, composed of representatives from the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP), Finance Division (Government of Pakistan) and five major banks (NBP, HBL, UBL, ABL and MCB Bank) approved Rs. 82.6 million interest-free loans to deserving students.
The amount of Rs. 82.6 million will be disbursed as an interest-free student loan to 518 deserving public sector university students across the country studying in different undergraduate, degree and doctoral disciplines for the 2017 sessions. -18, 2018-19 and 2019-2020.
About the 2021 student loan program
The aim of the Student Loan Scheme is to provide financial assistance to deserving students with insufficient means. Loans are granted for a maximum period of 10 years from the date of disbursement of the first installment and repayable in monthly installments after six months from the date of first employment or one year from the date of end of studies, whichever comes first.
The National Bank of Pakistan, as the administrator of the 2021 Student Loans Program, performs all functions such as receiving and reviewing loan applications, loan disbursement and collection.
Under the 2021 Student Loans Program, the following students are eligible to apply for interest-free loans provided:
- The student has been granted merit admission through standard courses / procedures at accredited public sector universities / colleges (list attached) mentioned below.
- The student falls at the time of admission in the age group of: –
- For graduation (not exceeding 21 years)
- For post-graduation (not exceeding 31 years)
- For the doctorate (not exceeding 36 years)
- The student obtained 70% of marks in the last public exam.
- The student undertook the study of the subjects below.
- The student is not able to continue his studies due to financial constraints.
List of approved colleges / universities
Colleges and Universities endorsed by Gulrez Ahmed on Scribd
How do I apply for an interest-free student loan?
You can apply for the Interest Free Student Loan under the 2021 Student Loan Program by getting the application form available at the designated branches of the mentioned banks or you can download the form by clicking the button below.
Types of interest-free student loans
The loan facility will be available for the duration of the study for: –
- Registration fees (paid directly to the university / college)
- Boarding costs excluding meal costs (paid directly to the university / college)
- Purchase of textbooks – Direct disbursement to the student
The maximum loan repayment period is 10 years from the date of disbursement of the first tranche. The borrower must repay the loan in monthly installments after six months from the date of first employment or one year from the date of graduation, whichever occurs first.
- Oil, gas and petrochemical technology
- Biology, molecular biology and genetics
- Other natural sciences
- DAWA and Islamic jurisprudence (LL.B / LL.M Sharia)
- IT / Information
- System and technology, including hardware.
- Economics, statistics and econometrics
- Business management sciences
- Students are advised to submit (2) two sets of student loan application forms.
- Students wishing to qualify for a loan under the program can apply for financial aid on the prescribed form, provided that he or she has been admitted on merit through the normal procedure at the aforementioned universities / colleges.
- Applicants are required to submit / send their applications on the prescribed form, duly completed in all respects, to the designated branches indicated for each university / college by the date indicated. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Students who have already taken advantage of this facility in the previous year (s) do not need to apply.
For more information, you can visit the National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) website: nbp.com.pk/studentloan/
Read more: Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program – Complete Guide
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON SCHOLARSHIPS – CLICK HERE
Follow INCPAK on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram for updates.